Thursday, July 21, 2011

Does it sound like I have/had an eating disorder?

It sounds like an eating disorder. Having struggled with both ends of the eating disorder spectrum, I recognize the feelings of guilt, and periods of binging and starving. I can identify with you there. But, yes, you will not lose weight by starving, binging, or feel guilty. Fixing this, so you turn to food in healthy ways, and at the appropriate times is the only way to really overcome the disorder. . . But, seeing a therapist about it should also help. They can give you techniques and such for it. As surprising as it sounds, they also have medication for it. My doctor put me on a medication for OCD and eating disorders. It helps with some of those feelings, but it is more important for you to realize you have a problem, and then begin to work through some of pain. What is causing this unhealthy relationship with food? What can you do instead? Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment